Sunday, October 4, 2009

Welcome All!

Welcome to the Vinotarian! We are Teri Drake-Floyd and Dayna Evans, two 20something chicks from North Georgia who love food, wine, and all things decadent! We created this blog in the hopes of sharing some of our favorite recipes, most with a vegetarian or vegan spin, as well as sharing with you the findings of our quest for the perfect wine pairings at an affordable price. Our mission is to create gourmet-style meals with the perfect glass of vino – without going bankrupt in the process. You won't find any 'wine snobs' here. We'll also from time to time share some health and beauty tips as we see fit. Its all about living the good life, however you can find it...

A little about us:

Teri:
I'm 28 years old and work from home as a freelance writer and independent contractor. I am married to the incomparable 'Bflo', who is a talented musician and artist, and we have one child – two-month old Callum. I have been a vegetarian for 8 years. The Simpsons are to thank for my vegetarianism - the episode where Homer bites into the pig in the top hat, and he says, “I’m delicious!” took me off meat forever. I love to experiment with vegetarian cooking and bring meat-eaters over to 'the dark side'. My favorite cuisines are Mexican, Indian and Italian (of which I claim ¼ heritage!). I also enjoy a good glass of white wine, with my favorite being Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc, though I'm on a constant quest to find a red that I like enough to drink regularly. I studied and worked in New Zealand for three years, from 2002 to late 2005, and I was heavily influenced by the cuisine as well as the amazing wines! My other loves in life include travel, reading, writing, genealogy (I am my family's genealogist!), photography, and old school video games. I am a fairly kooky person; extremely liberal and always willing to engage in debates and discussions!

Dayna:
I am 27 years old and spend my days doing hair and nights basking in the glow of wine-thirty. Hip hip!
I am married to Benjo, master of all things game. This includes air soft, video games, and even a lil ping pong. We have one daughter, Bella, who is almost 5. I've been an on again, off again vegetarian since I was 13. In the last year I have experimented with moderation in all things. So, some nights we'll eat Blackened Tofu, the next night Chicken Tikka Masala. It makes the hubs happy. My favorite cuisines are Indian, Creole/Cajun, and French. I grew up in Florida and have never been able to successfully be vegan for my love of seafood! Dern you, shrimp. I'm super versatile in my wine selections whether it be a full bodied red, a light, smooth white, or anything in between. My absolute favorite if I had to choose would be Columbia Winery Riesling. Melts in your mouth! Like Teri, I also adore genealogy. I've found that I'm way too Irish for my own good. I also enjoy writing, reading, cooking, and crafts like crochet, knitting, and quilting. I am on a conquest for the perfect wine hangover cure, so stay tuned- Your head might love me someday.



We hope you'll join us as we try out new recipes (and surely have some disasters along the way), visit Georgia vineyards and local shops and stores in our quest for the best bottle of vino, and everything in between!

Heart,
Teri and Dayna

1 comment:

  1. this is the perfect thing for you guys I'm very interested in see your creations!good luck and happy cooking!!!!

    ReplyDelete